FEMALE ACADEMY TRAINING PROGRAMME
THE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME
Whether you have already played in a Professional Academy, with aspirations to play professionally, or simply wish to develop your footballing ability, the programme is designed to develop players, so that they can fulfil their full potential, with opportunities to progress at various levels within the sport.
All coaching sessions will be led by fully qualified West Ham United Foundation Player Development Coaches who work across our player development pyramid. Participants will follow West Ham United Foundation’s own progressive training programme which has been developed in line with West Ham Women’s FC philosophy to ensure that all female players are able to learn the core technical and tactical skills of the game.
A comprehensive strength and conditioning programme will be implemented alongside this programme schedule to with a tailor-made programme in place for each female player. Players will also take part in a range of fitness testing and other evaluation methods. Chartered Physiotherapy support will be available to each player to give advice on nutrition, lifestyle, and physical well-being alongside treating any injuries that could occur throughout the training programme.
There will be opportunities for all female players to take part in weekly academy fixtures as part of this programme against a suitable standard of amateur, semi-professional and professional teams opposition with opportunities coming in a range of different formats of the game, ensuring all players get maximum exposure in competitive match situations.
- Full time training programme working with WHU Foundation UEFA licensed coaches, dedicated to enhancing and developing every aspect of your game both on and off the pitch.
- Showcase your ability in front of WHU Women’s FC recruitment team and coaches on a daily basis.
- Links and pathways to WHU Foundation partner clubs, both in the UK and overseas.
- Player development reporting system working on individual learning objectives to aid and enhance performance.
- Workshops, seminars and player/team analysis sessions aimed at supporting player development.
- Scouting sessions and national and international competitions and tournaments
“Be inspired, see how professional players work and train.”