A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use a single cookie, “sessionid”, to identify you when you visit our website, keep you logged in as you navigate our website, and store temporary information during the course application process. This functional cookie does not identify any individual, and is required for the correct operation of our website.
- Google Analytics – used to analyse the usage of our website.
- Google Translate – provides a translation service to our website visitors.
- Facebook – used to offer “like” and “share” buttons to like/share pages from our website on Facebook.
- Twitter – used to offer “follow” buttons to follow Choices International on Twitter.
- LinkedIn – used to offer “follow” buttons to follow Choices International on LinkedIn.
- YouTube – used to embed videos on our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies(Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.